Alexandra Scanlon Kitei
Alexandra Scanlon Kitei concentrates her practice on the defense of individuals and corporations in white collar prosecutions, investigations and related civil litigation. Ms. Kitei has defended federal and state criminal and civil cases involving allegations of antitrust violations, tax fraud, mail and wire fraud, money laundering, schemes to defraud the government, export control violations, and other various business frauds. Her practice includes defending complex government investigations and conducting internal investigations. Prior to joining Welsh & Recker, Ms. Kitei was an associate in the Litigation Department and White Collar Crime Practice Group at Fox Rothschild LLP.
Past & Current Litigation
- A generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in a grand jury antitrust investigation.
- An executive charged with tax fraud and grand larceny.
- International exporting businesses in civil forfeiture proceedings.
- Trial counsel for a food manufacturer accused of trade secret misappropriation and trademark infringement.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers “Rising Star” list (2018)
- Named to the Pro Bono Roll of Honor by the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Association Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the:
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania